Foundation Fridays Toolkit
Thank you for enrolling in this year’s Foundation Fridays fundraiser! The Foundation introduced this fundraiser as a way to raise money and raise awareness of the Foundation and its committees – Minnesota Credit Unions for Kids (MnCU4Kids) and the Minnesota Family Involvement Council (FIC). Contributions made through this collaborative fundraiser will support financial education, college scholarships, and the Gillette Children’s Hospital.
How to Conduct Foundation Fridays:
In preparation for the event….
1) Designate one Friday (or several) in in the fall as a Foundation Friday. (Note – If Fridays are not ideal, you can choose another day – ideally a day with higher foot traffic – to host this event)
2) Select the dollar amount you want to ask of members – $1, $5, $10, etc.
3) Set a goal for what you want to raise in the overall campaign. This will allow you to share with members that you’re asking them for a donation to reach your $1,000-in-a-day goal.
4) Consider a credit union match – if the membership raises a certain amount, your credit union will double it!
5) On this day, tellers and call center staff will conclude each member interaction by asking for a contribution. Credit union staff must first verify that the member is not in financial difficulty prior to asking.
6) Prepare front-line staff to solicit contributions by providing summary information about Foundation Fridays, as well as the missions of the Minnesota Credit Union Foundation, FIC and Credit Unions for Kids. (See informational document in the Foundation Fridays Toolkit.) Not only can the informational flyer be used as a “cheat sheet” for your staff, but it can also be provided to your members for information or receipt purposes.
7) Utilize the 8.5×11 poster signs in the Foundation Fridays Toolkit, as well as the informational fliers and preview write-up text to promote the event and provide information to members.
On Foundation Friday….
8) On the designated day(s), tellers and call center staff will conclude each member interaction by asking for a contribution.
“Would you like to contribute $____ to support financial education, college scholarships and the Gillette Children’s Hospital?”
9) Credit union staff must first verify that the member is not in financial difficulty prior to asking.
When the event has concluded….
10) Utilize the sample press release in the Foundation Fridays Toolkit to promote your credit union’s fundraising success.
11) At the end of your event(s), send all donations to the Foundation, including “Foundation Fridays” in the subject line. Mail to:
Minnesota Credit Union Foundation
Attn: Foundation Fridays
555 Wabasha Street North, Suite #200
St. Paul, MN 55102
Funds will be split evenly between the Foundation general fund, MnCU4Kids and the FIC.
How to Conduct Foundation Fridays download (Word)
Fundraiser Promotional Language download (Word)
Sample Press Release download (Word)
8.5 x 11 Lobby Poster download (Word)
FF Info Card & Receipt download (Word)
With questions, suggestions or for additional information, contact us.